Merry Christmas to all of you! This time of year is so busy, so memorable, so much eating and so fun! A lot of us really look forward to the holiday season. We anticipate family get togethers and sweet children’s faces, but many of us also look forward to the New Year. The opportunity to start over fresh with a clean slate. To really dig in and make those changes that we have been longing for in our marriages, careers, children, spiritual lives or even ourselves.
Making a New Year’s Resolution can be a fun tradition. We make this specific goal to do something or not do something, go somewhere or stay away from somewhere, persue a dream or maybe just find a dream. We may write it down, sign our name to it or stick it on the bathroom mirror or car dashboard. We can not wait for January 1 so we can get started! Then…..next thing we know it is February 15 and we have completely lost track of the Resolution Round Up!
Does this sound familiar to you? If so you are not alone. Can this year be different? I truly believe it can! Rather than making resolutions about getting your child on the honor roll or working out eight days a week, why not concentrate on a few realistic goals that are achievable and will really boost your confidence in 2017!
1. Do not set unrealistic goals for yourself in 2017- A good way to keep your confidence up in 17 is to believe that you are a success and not a failure. Setting an obtainable goal for yourself will certainly help! Rather than resolving to take your company by storm, lose a ton of weight, or put $10,000 in the bank, maybe consider a goal that will be easier. You may not be able to go from secretary to CEO in 17, but choosing to be a more focused, involved employee is a great start. Losing a ton of weight is tough and getting frustrated with the process is such an easy thing to do. Why not make a plan to eat more responsibly, get a good amount of exercise, and as the year continues you can modify your goal to start achieving the results you want. You get the picture…..don’t set yourself up for failure. Do not spend your time from February (or maybe the second week of January!) until the end of 17 feeling like a loser because you blew it.
2. Remember that you are perfectly designed in God’s image- Is 2017 going to be your year to look younger, finally have that plastic surgery or maybe schedule that cosmetics dental procedure? Please do not misunderstand, I love those sort of things! I believe that women are at their best when they feel their best. I think that concept applies to us both spiritually and physically. If your crow’s feet are driving you over the edge, get them corrected. If an old surgery scar has you feeling embarrassed, fix it. If salt and pepper hair is just not your thing, there are so many beautiful hair color out there. Just remember, you are already perfect. God made you in His perfect image. Genesis 1:27- So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them. This verse tells us twice that God made us in His likeness (huge confidence booster!) so no matter what you do to the outside of you, remember that from within, you bear the Creator’s signature.
3. Work your talents, girl!- Have you been hiding you Talent Light under a basket? 2017 is the year to start calling those talents out into the light! Talents are blessings from God and we are instructed to use them. Matt 25:29, Prov 18:16, Romans 12:6-8. Using your gifts and abilities is not only a blessing to others, it is a huge blessing to you! There is something special about doing what you were designed to do. Find your talent and put it into action. It will be a fabulous experience for you and so many others!
4. Allow the Holy Spirit to renew your mind- I believe this verse says it all on the subject. Romans 12:2- Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will. Start fresh every day with God. Allow Him to refocus you mind and heart on the things of Him so that you can walk confidently knowing that you are a child of the King and that your God goes before you.
5. Invest in others- Can too much be said on this subject? Giving to other people is the best gift that you could give to them….and to yourself. Proverbs 22:9- Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed, for he shares his bread with the poor. Make 2017 a year of giving out “bread” to others. Offer the bread of your time, the bread of your finances, the bread of your wisdom, the bread of your experiences, the bread of your Godly knowledge. God has blessed you with something that other people need. Do not believe for a second that you have nothing to give – that is a lie straight from the devil! If the Lord is alive and well in you then bless others with His fruit. This idea ties in with talents- there is nothing greater than doing what you are called to do! As Christians, we are all called to help with the poor, orphaned, widows, weak, mislead and the lost. You are the blessing that someone needs!
Be encouraged dear friends, 2017 is going to be a great year! We are going to live out our faith boldly, conduct ourselves with confidence, achieve our goals and rest easy knowing that we safe in the palm of the Savior! I wish the greatest of blessings on you and your family! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I look forward to the next step of the journey with you!
Graphic designed in Canva and Picmonkey